We, the Wellness Committee of the Church of the Resurrection, understand wellness to be the dynamic, harmonious balance of the dimensions of one’s life necessary for creating peace and tranquillity.
We believe this wholistic (physical, psychosocial, emotional and spiritual) perspective of wellness is achieved through an active, ongoing relationship with God.
We will serve God’s people by promoting wellness through prayer, attitude, example and service.
The Wellness Committee seeks to promote physical and spiritual wellness with:
• blood pressure screening
• healthy social after 5pm mass on the 5th Saturday of the month (only)
• yoga classes
VOLUNTEERS TO MEET INDIVIDUAL NEEDS
• Eucharistic ministers to the sick and homebound
• ministry to the residents of Stratford Commons
• ministry of presence to the sick and the dying
• grief support group
• bereavement cards
• guest speakers
• liturgies for healing
REFERRALS AND COMMUNITY RESOURCE LIAISONS
• navigating healthcare/insurance
• how to talk to your doctor
• accessing community resources
Join the Wellness Committee
Contact Lisa Frey: